REPORT FROM MMCP’S ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
KUALA LUMPUR, 7 April, 2015 – The 9th Annual General Meeting of MMCP, Malaysian Mobile Content Providers was held on 18th March 2015.
The meeting resolved in accordance with the council’s proposals in all of the matters proposed. The following is an account of the important resolutions and their main content.
MMCP, Malaysian Mobile Content Providers announced that the association’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) voted to support all of the resolutions that the Office Bearers, Council Members and Nomination Committee proposed to the AGM.
The new elected Office Bearers and Council Members as below.
- President – Mr Johary Mustapha
- Vice President – Ms Agnest Chan
- Secretary – Ms Ashley Nga
- Treasurer – Mr Roy Ng
- Council Members:
1. Mr Benjamin Cheong
2. Ms Yap Yoke Har
3. Mr Shawn Ng
4. Mr Johnson Lee
5. Mr YF Lee
The AGM also approved the financial report for 2014. The financial report for 2014 had been reviewed and audited by the auditors and had been informed to all members through email and during the AGM 2015. MMCP members agreed to receive and approve both financial reports for the year 2013 proposed by Ms Yoke Har and seconded by Ms Ashley Nga.
The AGM also resolved to:
- List of MMCP Activities throughout 2014;
- Monthly Council Meetings
- Meeting with Telcos (Maxis, DiGi, Celcom)
- Meeting with WASPA in South Africa
- Event Collaboration with MDeC
- Austrade Networking Event
- PDPA Workshop for Internet Businesses
- KL! Converge
- IA MMCP MOU Collaboration Signing & Dinner Networking Night
- Jakarta Trip Mission
- Networking Meeting with TAITRA
- Meeting with MCMC (Public Consultation Paper on Mobile Content Services and Short Code Text Messaging)
- GST Training for MMCP Members
- CNY Celebration and Networking
- Commendation to all MMCP members as to register for MSC Status Company.
- MMCP Gala Dinner and Award Night in October 2015.
- MMCP has signed MoU with Internet Alliance (IA) since December 2014 and will plan to work on more events together in the near future.
- Members agreed to retain the existing Auditor, Sundar & Associates.
# # #
About Malaysian Mobile Content Providers Association (MMCP)
The Malaysian Mobile Content Providers Association (MMCP) was initiated back in 2006 as a platform for all Mobile Content Providers (CPs) to come together under one banner to better address issues raised and ensure the interest of CPs are protected. This includes active participations with the Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission (MCMC), the Consumer Forum of Malaysia (CFM), the Communications and Multimedia Content Forum Malaysia (CMCF), Celcos, the Malaysian government via Kementerian Penerangan, Komunikasi & Kebudayaan and other relevant bodies. The association was formalized in 17th August 2007 and currently has 25 ordinary members and 4 associate members. The Association was also established to streamline processes related to ‘Best Practise’ which is practised widespread by its members, as well as to protect CP and Consumers interest. For more information, please visit www.mmcp.org.my.
- 24 Apr, 2015
- 0 Comments